View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
teeneythebetta
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Believe me, there are alot of passionate people here, with loyality to THEIR food....Royal Canin is what I choose to feed my dogs for the last 20+ years, with absolutely NO problems from any dog I have ever raised on RC, as well as no recalls on the food.....they have formulated diets that address all life stages of your baby, as well as the breeding sires and dams, thru whelping, lactating and eventual weaning of the puppies. RC DOES contain meat as the first ingredient, actually first several ingredients.........the big issue with some people seems to be grains included in the formulas....unless your dog is having issues with grains, their formulas are not detrimental with the amounts of grain/meat ratio.. I also respect the quality management of the processing of the food, ie NO RECALLS!! I personally try to refrain from coming on here and calling one specific food "not very good" or even "crap" as some will do.....I personally like and recommend Royal Canin to my new owners, and if asked, I will always tell them if the puppy/dog develops issues with any of the formulas...with ANY dog food, ....then they should by all means change brands. There are sites that you can register with so that you receive alerts to any dog food recalls immediately...subscribe to one of those.....ANY dog food can have issues at any given time......I remember Blue Buffalo had a recall because they were putting too much of a specific vitamin into the food and it made alot of dogs very ill...so there CAN be "healthy stuff" in dog food other than corn, etc, that can have a negative impact on your dogs health.
I totally understand. But there have been recalls on RC. There have been recalls on the foods I feed to my pets as well. Most foods I have researched have had recalls. I just base my reccomendations off of the ingredients label and what is good for the dog.

People have had no problems feeding foods like purina and pedigree, which is the lowest quality food I've ever seen. I wasnt saying RC was awful, I mean its not the worst food available at all. I just see people spending outragous amounts on foods containing grain, while you can easily get grain free & by product free food for cheaper.

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 09-26-2012 at 05:40 AM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!