View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
sganow
YT 500 Club Member

Yes, Taste of the Wild is a Diamond brand. A lot of people stopped feeding it when they had that big recall. Some have started feeding it again though because they didn't find anything they liked better in that price range.

A couple grain free foods the guy at the store I buy dog food from recommends that are in the same basic price range as TOTW are Horizon Pulsar and Hi-Tek Naturals. We are currently feeding the Pulsar kibble and supplementing it with a little frozen raw also. I rotate kibble frequently for variety though. I have also fed Fromm 4-Star Nutritionals (not the grain free formulas though) and had pretty good luck with it also. I tried one bag of the Hi-Tek but since I am not real sure about the quality of some ingredients I did not buy it again. They confirmed that some of the supplements in their food comes from Europe and Asia, but would not be specific. I hear that Horizon uses ingredients sourced in their region (made in Canada) and that they are a very good company. Their foods also have a very low glycemic index.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!