Thread: Tear Stains?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedawn View Post
Well I feed mine Royal Cannin Yorkie junior. It is specially made for Yorkshire Terriers. I am in UK so we are a bit limited. When I first got her the breeder had her on Pedigree dry mixed with wet. She was having issues with diarrhea and vet said to only feed dry kibble and she along with several others said that the Royal Cannin was one of the best. I will admit it smells wonderful... kind of like chocolate meat ... sorry I love chocolate. I know I would never ever give it or let Tali have access to chocolate ... but I can't say the same for myself.

I have been giving her just tap water and here it has a large amount of limescale in the water. So much so that if you don't descale regularly you will need to replace any appliance that uses the water mains: washing machine, dishwasher, kettle, and coffee machine. I haven't seen distilled water for sale here but then again they may call it something different that I am unaware of (sometimes confusing being American here same language but so different ). Been here 10 years and still learn a new word for things every once and a while .

I will see about the water but worse case scenerio would be give her Evian if I can't find distilled. Thanks about the Q-tip trick I will definately use that. Tali's tear stain isn't crusty just wet but since she is young don't want it to stain her face. My mom had a poodle that had tear stained face and I always thought she would look so much better without it but my mom said that was just how they were and you just had to live with it. I am not good with that assessment ... I am just as stubborn as a Yorkie
I don't know about over there but bottled water is really big over here. There has to be over 100 different kinds. Spring water was popular for a while but it has been found that a lot of the companies were scamming the people and using tap water. Spring water can still be hard water anyway. Distilled water is water that is turned into steam, purifying it, and then it is cooled and of course is water again. It is one of the cleanest forms of water. Some companies make purified water by using various techniques to get rid of most of the mineral content and some other elements. Some people use filters that they put their tap water through. Some of them are pretty effective. You might try googling the various types of purified water over there.
I would check the ingredient list of your present food. I do agree it is better than what the breeder was feeding but it has a high grain content. Some dogs are sensitive to grain. Of course there are many things that have contaminated food sources over here. Even the animals that are used as food sources are injected with antibiotics, steroids and hormones, to name a few. These substances stay in the meat and people as well as animals are consuming them. Now stores are selling meats that are labeled as being "organic" but it costs twice as much.
Gracie is on a food that has a meat source that is fed on grass and not injected. This lowers the fat content and there are no chemicals in the meat.
Unfortunately, people and animals are suffering because of the way the food industry has tampered with our food sources. I try to feed my family and my animals as naturally as possible. It is almost always more expensive though. We all have to make our decisions about what is most important about food. Many people have no idea of how much our food sources have been changed.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!