View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
itsmeveve
Yorkie Yakker

Default Nerve damage and potty problems

A while back I came here when my baby was attacked. I have been back this site has so much information! Crickett had suffered some nerve damage when he was attacked. The nerve damage caused him to not have control over his BM's, I was told back then that if there wasn't any improvement quickly that there would probably be no improvement. The result of this is that when Crickett sleeps most of his BM's happen. Few times it can happen when he just walks across the floor, he has no clue its happening. Bless his heart when he goes outside he tries very had to go but since his attack he has maybe been able to go less than 5 times outside. I wondered if anyone here has a Yorkie with the same problem that may be able to shine some light on what could help with this problem, more than what I have found on my own ... that is basically follow him around with a box of tissues. Back at the time this attack happened I had been looking into diapers, but his vet wasn't keen to that idea because of skin irritation that could result in using diapers. Lately Cricket has been leaving very small wet spots on the carpet, I am not sure if after all this time if nerve damage can get worse or what is going on. Other than this he is just the perfect little dog!
itsmeveve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!