View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I have a real big "trust" issue....I firmly believe NO amount of training, will prevent them from giving into that predator instinct to chase....if they are sitting all polite and well behaved by the open front door, and Rocky the Squirrel darts by, I will bet a weeks salary they are going after the squirrel! That is just as much part of their being, as panting when they are hot. So, I keep mine confined in my sun room/den.....I have baby gates across ALL doors that are exit doors from the house, in addition to my foyer being blocked by an x-pen. I have an 8 foot expandable gate across the large arched enterance to the great room....my entire home inside, is fenced and crossed fenced!!! Kind of ruins the elegance of the home, but I do what I have to do to keep these babies safe! You read on here all the time about workmen or guests or kids going out the front door and leaving the door ajar and the baby darts out the door. Or, like "Teddy", who saw a cat, gave chase, and was gone out the front door! That is just something I do not want to have to try to get over....I have ENOUGH drama in my life without going thru that! I read about these incidences and my heart breaks for the people, but most of all for the pup, who finds itself alone and frightened and possibly in harms way, just wanting mommy!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!