View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
She seems to be doing better now. I did not realize that DAP was like three shots it one I knew it was for three different things but though one thing did it all I guess. I think it might have been the shots more then anything and I will tell the vet about it when we go back. Me, my vet, and the vet tech all felt lyme was a very important shot for Callie to have because she seems like a tick magnet, our area seems bad with ticks off and on, and its is almost always the little ticks that bite her. I am going to put my own note in Callie's record binder that if she gets DAP again in three years to do it by itself. I am making sure that even if we have to stay up really late that she is getting her special play time we do every night so I am trying my best to keep things as normal for her as I can. She is eating again and chewing bones and playing more. I worry about making sure all her shots are up to date with the moving because I do not want her to catch anything I can keep her from getting. There are times she seems so very sensitive and I forget she can pick up on what I am feeling even if I am not sure I am feeling it lol. I did have a panic attack around the same time she was acting off and I had forgot about it so I am sure she sensed that too.
Yeah, I agree with you, you have to make those decisions on where you live and your lifestyle. The good thing about getting the shots on different days is you will learn to which one's she's sensitive, and if an allergic reaction should occur that's really important. My vet's staff has always called the day after the shot and asked how Joey was doing, I really think this is a great idea, but if your vet doesn't do it, calling them the next day is the next best thing. You are also right about them picking up on your moods, absolutely they do. Hope you both are doing better.

Join today and remove this ad!