View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
Bella seems to have mastered pooping on a pee pad....our issues is peeing on the hardwood floors. Here is yesterday's schedule:

-up at 7, took her out....nothing
-breakfast...she went poo on the pad...LOTS of praise
-out every hour and 12:00 an hour of walking and playing all outside
-1:00 pee on the floor (I do nothing, just clean it up...no scolding)
-Went visiting, car ride then outside for about 5 hour...she had her dinner around 5:00(outside)
-Home at 7:30...walked her around for about 15 minutes.. .took her in placed her on the pee pad.
-came out of her pen, peed on the floor.

This is what she does almost daily.....2 or 3 times going potty...she will hold it till the "cows come home"...lol

This can't be healthy for her.......pees so much at one time.
Ok, I'm probably wrong - this is only my PERSONAL OPINION....

She needs to know that peeing on the floor is wrong - obviously not by scolding, but by a 'NO' mid-pee. Are you able to pick her up mid-pee, or does she do it while your back's turned? Vigilance is the key. When Harry was little, the only way I could stop him was by 'NO' - pick him up, take him outside, and then wait (for however long it took!!) for him to finish.

When she's outside doing her pee - I would take a potty pad outside and 'catch' some of the pee on a pad....and leave it down afterwards indoors - hopefully she'll get the scent, and the message.....

By the way - does she drink very much - and is she on dry or wet food? Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!