View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
mayer5
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Why is my yorky so aggressive with kid? I thought it would get better as he got older

Hi All,
You may have read my previous posts about Rudy my male yorky who is now 1 1/2 yrs old he is bi polar i believe it is weird. Last night I had my friends over with their children. I had to put him in my son's room because all he does his bark at the kids and run after them and he was in the basement with them the one kid tried to pick him up and he said he went to bite his face. Now I know this is what he does at times to my children if they grab him too much he growls and than can nip them. But than he is waiting for them to wake up waggin his tail giving kisses so i dont get it.

Another issue is for ex tonight i took him in the car b/c he used to get car sick now he is better and looks forward to a car ride to my moms w/ my daughter. We talk a walk by my moms but we could hardly walk b/c he was trying to go after my daughter while she was in the stroller she is 5 yrs old but he would literally bark like someone was strangling him and not walk looking back to get her in the stroller. It makes me really angry b/c I can not have this behavior. I may have to consider a trainer does anyone have any suggestions.

It seems like movement is what gets him started I wonder if it has to do with where he was born the breeder etc? I dont want to get rid of him but sometimes I think he needs a family w no kids i have 3 kids however all of my other yorkies were great w/ kids

help
thanks
denise
mayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!