View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
Have to smile and agree to disagree. I am a big believer in the water bottle, but it does NOT work for every Yorkie. If I spray Abba Daddy, he just barks more, so I clap and point for him to sit and be quiet. He does. I don't use a shake can, my dogs react to that like it is a squeaky toy and bark more. My point is, find a method that does work and use it consistently. You should not allow your little naughty boy to talk back or nip. A time out might be very effective with him. Let us know how thing go.
you are very right, it takes some experimenting to know what will work for your particular dog, I had a dog that seemed to like the water and would try to catch the spray with his mouth. Something I found that worked was by accident, I was getting ready to throw out a small newspaper and slapped it against my outer leg in frustration due to another out of control barking episode. LOL it completely startled him and for some reason it scared him enough to shut him up. He was afraid of it ever since, so I started carrying it with us when he walked since he would start his insane barking at the site of another dog. Sometimes I would forget to grab a newspaper when leaving the house so LOL I would often sneak a free one out of a neighbors mailbox. I am not saying this is a training method I recommend, just saying it's a lot of trial and error to find what works.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!