View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

thanks everyone. One scoop is one tablespoon. So he used to get 2 tbsp 3x per day. (6 scoops) I cut it down to 4-5 scoops. the scoops are level, not rounded. I've since been even knocking a few kibbles out of the scooper each time.

He doesn't get treats as in dog treats, but gets snacks like cucumber, carrots, lettuce, etc.

He's now up to 6.5 lbs! Uni is much bigger than him and she is only a bit under 6.5. Even Uni is a smidge fat. I would say her ideal weight is right at 6. Scraps should probably be at 5 or 5.5. When I first p icked him up he was a bit less than 5 (he was sick at the time).

We do have a pool. We tried him in the before witha lifevest on. he was so freaked out I thought his eyeballs where gonna pop out of his head! I'm sure it didn't help that the first time he went in was bc Uni pushed him in. perhaps we could try again. He doesn't even like to put the vest on. He's such a grumpy old man.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!