Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
rickyloveslucy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help!

We rescued two severely neglected yorkies. They were dumped in a ditch. We love them and they are our babies. We have had them about 5 months. Grooming them has been a process. They were so matted and horrible when we got them that we had to shave them down. I just didn't have the heart to take them somewhere, because they were so scared and malnourished. We've done it all ourselves with the help of friends who are groomers. Now bathing them and grooming them has turned into a task that takes hours weekly. They still won't let me trim their nails. (Thankfully a friend was able to,or the vet does but they have to put the dogs under to do so. ) Is there anything I could possibly give them once a week,when I bathe/groom them to calm them down? They are the sweetest little things (Ricky is 3lbs Lucy is 5lbs.) and it's not that they are aggressive at all. They just get so scared and whine and pant,and shake. They just freak out in general. Of course after their baths they sleep for a day! Any advice would be SOOOOO helpful!
rickyloveslucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!