View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #69
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
It does not matter if it sounds off to you & no one told the OP to feed her pup cotton. If you can find a/the post where someone did, I would like to see it, she simply stated what her VET had her do, not what she did for her dog after reading it on some website. I have said before & will continue to say it, the vet I worked for used the cotton for any small sharp object that was ingested & it HAD to be real cotton & was given according to the size of the animal. I do not have proof to show you as we did not record it. You can choose to believe it or not, it matters not to me. I will not give you the name of the vet I worked for, as he has better things to do with his time then answer your silly questions. Unfortunately the ER Dr that my Aunt took my cousin to did not video that either, but I can tell you that the cotton saved my cousin from having to be cut open needlessly as it did just what the Dr said it would do & wrapped itself around the screw , saving his intestines from severe damage.The best thing anyone can do if their pup swallows any sharp object is get to their vet/ER asap & follow the instructions of the Dr. wether it be to feed bread, peanut butter, cotton or canned dog food.
Actually, it does matter. If I can save the life of one pup by my warnings to go to a vet before attempting such a "treatment", then it is all worth it.

If you go back and read my first post in this thread, you will see that I did just that.....

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/3995517-post8.html

You are the one who decided to turn this into something else as you did the last time I issued the same warning about this "treatment".

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...han-never.html

You also swear it is a valid treatment yet to date I have not been able to verify it, so I will continue to post my warnings. I do think it sounds off...and while it may be a valid treatment, I have no proof of that and will give the other side of this whenever I happen to see it. Now, if one of you can give me some credible proof that this is a safe and reasonable treatment, that would be something I am interested in.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!