View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 09:42 PM   #52
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

I have never taken a deposit and I don't advertise or show my puppies til I am ready to place them. So, by word of mouth someone learns about my puppies. Oh, and I have a notice about rescue help etc on Breeders.net. I get a call, I do an interview; I make an appt with the family to come to visit and by that time I have decided which puppy if any I am considering for their home. All household members and other dogs must come for that visit. Dogs vaccine record must be up to date or they aren't even allowed inside-hoomans or critters. Sayonara!
I have made only one exception to this routine and you know who you are. Then, I either tell you that your home is not for my puppy and we part ways. Of course, if I have a bad vibe during the phone interview, I don't even make an appt. I have certain things I listen for on the phone..
I tell people that I deal in cash, discuss my strict contract and we sign 2 copies. They have an agreed upon time to go to the vet for an initial check...they get a slip from my vet also. If We decide that we are a match, I send the buyer either home if they live close or just go away for a few hours to discuss the situation. If they don't want the puppy it is a perfect way to scoot. But, they need to talk freely amongst themselves without worrying about my overhearing their conversation. If all goes well, A very happy family leaves with one lucky puppy and with a sad mom standing at the door waving and hoping she won't cry..
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!