View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
The YTCA is not considering changing the standard for undocked tails! I've seen only a couple of yorkies in the US shown with a tail personally and those were shown by professional handlers and finished by professional handlers. As far as I know some YTCA members want breeders choice but as of now it's not being considered and won't in the near future! I personally prefer the docked tail as the yorkies I've seen with tails do not have the pretty outline as a docked tail Yorkie has but of course that is just MHO
Thanks Donna, here in Canada, we are looking at changing our "standard" to allowed undocked tails in the conformation ring.

For me in the Yorkie Breed, I do not like the very short docked tails I've seen, I like a more moderate length of tail, or a natural tail. ((Shrugs)) not sure why, perhaps it is more pleasing to my eye. For my Black Russians, I do NOT like the natural tail. But once more when I buy, the dog will have a natural tail so I could compete in Europe. We can show here in Canada and the USA natural tailed dogs. That natural tail is a "menace" (smiles), Gawd does it sting when she whips you with her tail. It makes a big dog, even "bigger in longtidutional space. Also I tell you when we went hiking with her; I'd spend an hour getting twigs and bramble out of that 18" tail. Sanitarily speaking I had to figure out how to trim her to "keep the shape" but keep the anal area clear.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!