View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Roxiesmama
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Silly travel questions...humor me!

DH and I are going on our honeymoon at the end of the month. We are flying...which makes me an anxious mess. When we went to Disney 2 years ago we got slammed with baggage fees (overweight AND oversize) going there and coming home. I want to make sure I stick VERY closely to the guidelines so that that doesn't happen again.

1. I usually wear sneakers to fly, but find that my feel swell on the plane and I wind up taking my shoes off. This time I was just going to wear my flip-flops on the plane (we are going to an island). Should I even bother bringing my sneakers? If I put them in my checked baggage, they will add weight (they're clunky skechers). If I carry them on I won't be able to fit anything else in my carry-on bag. Thoughts?

2. Hair appliances. I use the Revo-styler (as seen on tv product from about 15 years ago) to blow my hair out and my hair looks like crap without it. I also use a flat iron on occasion. If I bring the Revo, I have to bring the charger, which again will weigh down my bag. What should I do? Bring both? One or the other? Neither? I don't want to look back at honeymoon pictures and be upset because my hair looks crappy.

This is why we hesitated on planning a honeymoon to begin with. I hate flying and all its restrictions. I know these are positively ridiculous concerns...so maybe I at least gave someone a good laugh today!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!