View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnybun128 View Post
Wow, that is an awful situation. I know you love your father and want him to be happy, but of course you need your babies to be safe, too. Especially after that bad experience, I totally understand not wanting to leave them with anyone. Does that holistic vet you mention do boarding or have any recommendations? In what way does your father think taking them with will hamper his good time? Could you possibly compromise with him some way? Is there any other family member who could take your dad on his vacation?
Thanks for responding. I am definitely going to ask my wholistic vet if she has anyone she totally and completely trusts who would watch them. I do this with a hole in my heart. But she is brilliant and loving, and if there is someone whom she feels confident enough in to recommend, then i would be willing to bite the bullet and try to do this for him. It would be so very hard, but I would try to do this for him, as I am his only child, as my younger sister died 7 years ago and now with my mom gone, I'm really the only nuclear family he has left. As to what way he thinks they will hamper his good time, he is very vague about this. He says they are fragile and need a lot of care and we would have to consider them wherever and whenever we went somewhere and some places don't accept dogs, and they might get sick or need care which might all be true more or less, to some extent. He just doesn't want to have to accommodate for them on his good time. He wants to do what he wants to do without having to worry about their safety, their health, or their good or bad experiences. Having dogs with you does limit you in some way, this is true, and he doesn't want to be limited or have to worry about them...Cassie and Muffin are my babies, not his. So although he says he loves animals and feels compassion for them, when it gets right down to the nitty gritty, he really doesn't want to be put out. For me, having them with me at all times, especially on vacation, is a joy. I want to go everywhere with them together, rather than leave them at home and worry about them back home. But not everyone is like me, and he's obviously not at all like this. There is no family who could go with him on his vacations. My children are all far away and have busy lives. Other family are about the same, far away with busy lives. We have a very very small family to begin with, so there really is no one else to ask. I simply don't know what to do.
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!