View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Default Terrified of leaving my girls with a pet sitter

I have a major problem in my life. I am so torn between my elderly father (90 yo) with some dementia who wants to travel "before I die" he says (I am his caregiver, although he doesn't think he needs one) and leaving the two loves of my life, my babies Muffin and Cassie with a Pet Sitter. My father absolutely refuses to take them with us and refuses to travel with them. I am at a loss about finding a Pet Sitter that I can feel safe in leaving them with. I don't know anyone and I have no family who could do this for me. The history goes like this. Two years ago I went back east for my mothers funeral (and to be with family), for 12 days and I left my two girls with my local vet who seemed very caring and conscientious. When I came home, one of my girls, Muffin, the younger one who was only 1 1/2 Years Old was dying of heavy metal poisoning from a combination of rabies and another shot given to her at the Vets the night I came home to pick them up. This is a whole other story, but Muffin survived because of a miraculous holistic Vet I found that saved her life. Now two years later, I find that my smaller little one has AAI and it is inoperable. She is only two pounds and both of them need special attention and caring. I know I could travel with them okay, and I trust I would be able to care for them perfectly , but my dad, who says he's "trapped" here and will die here without ever going anywhere else again- is refusing to travel with the girls. He just wants to have a good time and doesn't' want to worry about them, although he says he loves them. I am worried sick about finding a sitter who will take excellent care of my two babies, especially after what happened with Muffin. Now with Cassie's AAI diagnosis (and she is only 2.5 lbs) and her needing especially gentle careful handling and attention, well I am just overwhelmed and I don't know what to do. My dad lives with me, and I don't want him to feel "trapped". But my girls are everything to me and their safety is paramount to everything. I am so upset and torn. What do I do? How do I find a pet sitter I can feel safe with? Is my dad being unreasonable? Am I, by wanting to take them with me? I would be grateful for any advice given.
TIA
Shellie :-)
PS Sorry for such a long post
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!