View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
Crissie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

First off, I want to say that I have absolutely NO problem with mixed breed dogs/mutts. Some of them are amazing dogs. I might consider owning one eventually. That being said, it annoys me to no end when people try to brag about their "purebred" morkie-shih-poo-spaniel. I don't really understand the hype about designer dogs myself, but I guess you can sell anything that's "rare" with a fancy name. The only reason that they even exist is because bad breeders can buy cheap dogs that don't apply to the the breed standard, mix them, get cute puppies, and charge a fortune for them. (I mean, who can resist the little puppy face?)

You can have a Yorkie-poo because you want a compromise between Yorkies and poodles, but you have to understand that a mixed breed's traits and temperament can be somewhat unpredictable. (They could act/look like either breed. One breed's traits might not show up at all.) I'm not saying that purebred dogs are better (or worse) than mixed breeds, but they're much more predictable in potential health issues, color, and size. So in conclusion, I think designer dogs are ripoffs, and you're better off at a shelter looking for a mixed breed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!