View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Definition of FREE ENTERPRISE
:" freedom of private business to organize and operate for profit in a competitive system without interference by government beyond regulation necessary to protect public interest and keep the national economy in balance." What is something actually worth? As much as someone is willing to pay for it! Fortunately, in this country, anyone can pay whatever THEY think the product is worth to them. So, if anyone wants to pay $30.00 or $3000.00 for a dog, a cat, a goat...whatever...if that animal is important enough, and desirable enough to THAT person, and they have the where-with-all to fork over the amount, that is a freedom they have not had taken away....there are no "Price Regulators" running around (YET!!!), dictating how much someone can charge for their product, or what someone is allowed to pay for that product!!! (We are not talking about price gouging on items people MUST buy during emergency situations, etc.) If someone crosses a hamster and a Yorkie, says it costs $3000.00 to own one of these "Yorksters", and Joe thinks it is the cutest thing he has ever seen and has the money to buy it, Joe is not being forced to buy this product...he WANTS the Yorkster, and he will pay the price for it.....if I dont like people doing this, and I think Joe is getting skrwed, that is MY right to think that...but it is NOT my right to try to STOP whoever, from charging whatever the public is WILLING to pay to own that product! IF NO ONE LIKES YORKSTERS, AND NO ONE BUYS THEM, THE PRICE WILL PLUMMET, AND THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT BE PRODUCED ANYMORE! (I personally do not like breeding mixes...the pounds and rescues are full of mixes....they are none the less, great little animals, adorable and loving and smart, no less so than any purebreds, and I grew up owning many mixes....never knew dogs were intentionally bred and puppies came with papers....and if I was wanting a mix breed, and I wnted to travel to the Hamptons and buy it from a Kennedy, and they were charging thousands of dollars for it, if I wanted the right to say MY dog came from a Kennedy, from the Hamptons, then I would pay that amount for the freedom to do that! If that was not important to me, I would go to the pound, and save a precious little soul that was looking at their last day on Earth....My intention here is not to defend "greeders" or puppy mills or anyone that does horrible things to animals...I simply do not believe what people pay for something or what people charge for a product, should be regulated and dictated by anyone else. The demand for the product is what should be the driving force of price control. I believe in free enterprise......
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!