View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
There is a well known hobby breeder in my town that sells a lot of registered yorkies. If you want a yorkie here that is who everyone says to go to. Well, I have seen her pups and they are very poor quality and definitely not breed standard. I have asked a few people that I know who have bought puppies from her why they chose to buy from her. Their reply, "her dogs are AKC registered".
That's why AKC registration is ONE of the things to look for..not the only thing. The breeder's reputation and quality of breeding stock is equally or more important, IMO.

I actually went to look at a female yorkie puppy of a local breeder just last weekend. It was clear upon pulling into the driveway & seeing some of the dogs in the fenced front yard, that she had poor quality breeding stock. Her puppies came with AKC papers, but it was obvious she was a BYB and was just breeding whatever dogs she had for the cash from the sale of puppies. It was night & day from the home & breeder that ZoE came from, but ZoE is not breed standard either! (she's a teapot ) But, she definately looks like a yorkie, and has the terrier temperament, and has an excellent health guarantee and a breeder who's still there as support a year & a half after the sale.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!