View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #31
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
AKC registry has nothing to do with this. There are many puppy mills that sell AKC registered dogs. Most people who buy a purebred dog do it because they want a particular look and personality trait and not bragging rights. Many of these designer dog breeders charge as much and more for their pups than purebred breeders do. Many of these so called Hollywood "starlets" that tote little dogs around in their bags have "designer" dogs as well as purebred. The problem is that a large number of the designer as well as purebred dogs are not what the buyer was promised. Since it has become such a fad to buy a small breed dog many of the people who buy these dogs have never had a dog and do not know how to care for them. When the cute little puppy becomes a medical burden or grows too large they don't want it anymore. It is the breeding of poor quality, sickly dogs and selling them to whoever has the right amount of dollars that is the real issue.......and that happens with designer and purebred dogs. Mixed breed dogs are just as loveable as any other dog but to breed poor quality sickly dogs under horrific conditions and then sell them without regard to how they will be taken care of is beyond contemptible.
This is really it in nut shell, there are good breeders and bad breeders both in purebreds and in mixes. I have had dogs for 24 years, except for the last two years they have been purebred yorkies. I also don't think of myself as a celebrity watcher but when it came time to get a new dog and I knew I wanted something different, I remembered seeing about 10 min of the old reality show with Jessica Simpson, she had a cute little white with some apricot tips dog. I goggled it until I found out what it was, a mati poo, I then I started goggling adult malti poos and saw how different each of them looked and how some people were charging big bucks and that sort of changed my mind. If people don't do that that is not the breeders fault, it's the fault of the stupid uniformed buyer. Many people buy purebreds and are not happy with their temperament or how they look like when they mature. Yorkies have become so overbred there are people that have purebreds that by looking at them I would have thought them to be a mix. I remember hearing once how pure bred dalmatians were often give up, because of how high strung they are.

There are lots of dogs in shelters and if you adobt one I think it is great, but not everyone is approved to adopt or many people are not cut out for the issues that can come with shelter dogs. So it goes without saying a lot of people want puppies, should that not be allowed, should that be outlawed. So where are they supposed to go for dogs, what if they don't want to shell out the money for a dog from a show breeder, what's left, are there really many breeders out there willing to do it for fun and make no money. If you have healthy dogs that are not the same breed is it more of a crime to breed them than two healthy so so looking purebreds, I really don't see the difference. IMHO it is up to the buyer to sort through the abundant info out there and get a dog that suits there need regardless if it is a mutt or a purbred
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!