View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Kibbles N Bits is a pretty terrible food so maybe Lacey's onto that lol. A common brand you can find that I like is Blue Buffalo if your dog will tolerate it. Three dogs in my family have done well on various formulas. My parents' beagle has done well on the healthy weight formula and my sister's picky senior yorkie loves the BB Wilderness formulas (especially the salmon one). When Toki was a younger puppy, she was on the Chicken and Oatmeal and then Wilderness for puppies.

Toki's currently eating Fromm grain-free kibble. Fromm can be kinda hard to find for some people although it's readily available in my area and you can also order it online. It's also very affordable. We've tried the Salmon a la Veg, the grain-free Beef Frittata Veg, and the grain-free Game Bird. The Surf n Turf will be our next bag! Toki loves Fromm and her coat is so soft and shiny! She gets kibble in the evenings and some kind of raw most mornings (lately it has been Stella & Chewys freeze-dried).

If Lacey still won't eat a higher quality kibble, you can try adding some warm water or mix a little canned food into it. When I want Toki to eat her breakfast instead of ignoring it until noon, I'll add just enough canned food to coat her kibble which she loves!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!