View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
SouthwestLady
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
My boys don't know many classic tricks because they are stuck on sitting to earn the treat. Seeing their little faces saying, "I'm sitting! I'm a good boy!" often prevents me from continuing to try to teach them.

They do know a lot of basic life commands, too many to count. They know spelling and pig latin too. The funniest is "back up" for car doors or the oven. One day at the park, standing next to a soccer field, when the coach started yelling "Back up!" to the players, Max and Teddy started walking backwards. It was so cute!

My favorites are Max's refined handshake and kissing on command. Teddy always comes when called...even when I'm calling for Max.
That really is so adorable!

Lady was a rescue, so I'm working with some commands she probably kind of learned before. We're actually working on move "back" right now. I had to give up on "back up," because she kept getting confused and jumping on chairs or standing up.

So far: sit, stay, shake, other shake (so cute, she just gives me her other paw), come, relax, drop it, stand up, get up (on a chair or a couch), down, and she understands when I want her to go around something, I draw a line with my pointer finger in the air. It amazed me the first time she actually followed the route I gave her. Yorkies are amazing!
SouthwestLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!