View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I know when Tibbe had GI problems, his vet put him on Hill's GI I/D and it eventually did the trick but only when I fed him nothing but that. Absolutely nothing else - no treats or bite of another piece of kibble or anything. It took a week to 10 days to stop his muscous-y stools, spitting up foam and bile, reflux, reverse sneezing, nausea. I gave him Pepcid AC for 2 weeks also. I think Hill's I/D has a low-fat version you might want to try. It sure changed Tibbe's life to go only on that prescription food. I even make his treats out of it. He's had NO GI symptoms of any kind for about a month now - maybe a bit longer, and I am so relieved. It could be that while he was at your folks' house he got some odd bits of things fed to him from time to time that exacerbated tummy distress. People often will not always admit that they slipped a bite of something to the dog that is not on his regular diet. And it took me the longest time to realize that giving Tibbe 3 or 4 pieces of different kibble for treats after starting on prescription food could still cause problems and when I finally committed to giving him nothing at all but the prescription food, he got well and thankfully seems 100% fine now.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!