View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #6
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Good morning, Linda and welcome to YorkieTalk! We are so happy you found us! I know you are excited about getting your new baby in October! This time last year we were in that same position ... it's harder than waiting for a baby to be born! You know that they are already born, growing and you just don't want to miss a second of their little life! Our Toto was 16 wks. before we could bring her home and I honestly don't believe I could've lived if I had to wait another second! We read every piece of information we could find. We were "drilled" by the breeder [she only breeds purebred show dogs and is very, very particular about placement of the babies that she will part with! ] we met the vet and in looking back I appreciate all that we went through to get Toto! They didn't know us or anything about us other than the fact that we wanted one of those babies regardless of the cost or all the attention that she would require! I don't think we even realized that our life would revolve around her ... we take her comfort and happiness into consideration in every decision we make. She is a delight! Not to mention she has the sweetest personality ... which has brought about extensive spoiling! We stay in touch with our breeder and when she called this week and she said "I see I have no need to worry about this baby" I felt like I had graduated from college!!! She is 14 months now and weighs 4 lbs. We started training her to the wee wee pad as soon as we got her home and it was one of the smartest things we have done for her!
How lucky Missy and Punkin are to have you!! The rescue of an animal, for whatever reason, is the most admirable thing anyone can do! You will have a houseful when little Lexi Lou gets there!! What fun!!! Please keep us updated and post pics of all your babies!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!