View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
sugarmamma
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysmum View Post
Yes, I have this too Michelle....and I'd rather be in childbirth....

That happened to me about 15 years ago (I was only 40 at the time) and all I'd done was hold out my hand to help a friends child out of a chair. Agonizing, excruciating pain. I ended up in A+E, the doctor who examined me poo-poo'd me and I came home with ibuprofen.

Two weeks later, my back started going into spasm... and then total paralysis from the waist down I had to be stretcher-ed by ambulance to the hospital, where I lay on my back for a MONTH not knowing if it would ever get better. A long slow process (including valium as a muscle relaxant, and many gentle exercises which I still have to do daily).

It ended up being diagnosed as degenerative disc disease - basically just wear and tear.

I truly am not trying to frighten you, but just PLEASE be very aware of the movements you're making and, I know it sounds mad - but try hard to RELAX. I personally would get to a doctor as soon as someone can take you, he'll probably refer you for an x-ray.

I'm so sorry you're having all this on top of everything...I'll be thinking of you Sally x

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!