View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkin View Post
I am brand new to Yorkie Talk so may not be doing this correctly or posting in the correct place, so please forgive me. We recently lost our precious little 9 year old Yorkie and are beginning the search for a Yorkie puppy. I looked yesterday and was so disheartened by all of the places that seemed legit on the internet but when I arrived, turned out to really be puppy mills. Does anyone know of some reputable, honest Yorkie breeders in Oklahoma, or even nearbyby? I would so appreciate any suggestions of where to look.
Hi and welcome to Yorkietalk. I'm so sorry you lost your baby, but I'm really glad you understand the importance of finding a reputable breeder. One who not only treats her breeding dogs well, but also understands the problems with the breed and does health testing on her breeding dogs. I always recommend the breeders who belong to the mother club the YTCA. These breeders are breeding for the right reasons, and often have gorgeous dogs that can’t make it to the ring for one reason or another, but make wonderful healthy pets. There are a couple of members who live in Oklahoma. Yorkshire Terrier Club of America About The Club Best of luck in finding your new baby. I think it's really important to always visit the home in person, so you will know you aren't buying from a puppy mill.

Join today and remove this ad!