View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
someone already posted this question to you, but has your vet done SKIN SCRAPINGS on her? if not then this might not be a allergy at all. It could be something like a bacteria or staph infection on the skin, that is not going to clear up being treated for allergies. Perhaps it is as simple as mites , those are so microscopic and can make a dog extremely uncomfortable. I just wanted to put this out there in case your dog has not been tested or had skin scrapings. my shih tzu ended up with a bacteria infection only could be found through a skin scraping. She was placed on antibiotics, was shaved down, and I had to use a special hypoallergenic shampoo twice a week bought at the vet office. She is fine now. It was not allergy related.
This is about a possibility for sure. Also sometimes a rash or red spots will appear due to an allergy that will become infected over time thus needing treatment for both. Taking a scraping is one way of finding what is growing on the skin. The antibiotic may help or even an antifungal depending on what is found but if the root cause is not found the problem will return.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!