View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
ilovejoel
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Tibbe does the same thing - as have all my 3 Yorkies. They worry over their hidden prize - fretting whether it will be soon found and taken from them. I wonder if Tibbe is dissatisfied with his hiding spots available in the house, knowing they are not hidden from interested passers-by of his species when tucked under a couch pillow or beside the bookcase. The house offers little in the way of good hiding places.

Even outside dogs know that a well-dug hole can be easily sniffed out, especially when the hidden object is food or bones or things with their scent on it, so they know a hiding spot is never really permanent from another canine or canine-like species. In the wild, they either have to have a large enough pack to protect their kill in a given central area or keep hiding pieces of it to keep it as safe as possible from other predators until fully eaten. Otherwise, kind of like us & our fear & worry of burglars, they are paranoid.

That makes sense, and he probably does it more bc Rosco tries to get his bones
But its funny, after he hides it and stares at it he also watches everyone to make sure we dont find it and he'll even check Roscos mouth.
My sister tells him "Joel, you kinda give it away when you keep staring where you hid it" lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!