View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
JaxsonsMommy12
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have a 12 week old male & he didn't take to the pads as well as I wanted him to so now my husband & I take turns but we take him out every 30minutes to an hour! We praise him when he goes outside & as soon as we know he is finished we bring him right inside! We have been doing that for 2 weeks now (we've had him for 2 weeks) & he hasn't had an accident in the house! We play with him or after he naps we take him right outside! We take him out 10 minutes after he eats or drinks anything & keep a close eye on him! We don't get him run of the whole house yet till he is 100 % trusted & understands outside is where he pottys! He sleeps in a crate at night that is all cozy for him & he has never messed in it! They usually will not mess where they sleep or eat at! He goes outside right before we go to bed & will wake us up at about 6 to go out! He lets us know when he needs to go & so if you think jeez why is he/she barking so much he/she is probably letting you know they need to go outside! So good luck but wanted to share what has/is working for us & Jaxson!
JaxsonsMommy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!