View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
sugarmamma
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I agree with Sugarmamma, I would only take him if you have the equipment to keep him cool.

When I take ZoE to summer festivals, I take her stroller with a cool gel mat in the bottom of it and I have a spraybottle/fan combo that I hook onto the stroller & leave the fan running (which means I have to take extra batteries). I plan ahead & freeze bottles of water and put a few in the basket under the stroller and a few in a cooler in the basket under the stroller (the ones not in the cooler melt fastest & get used first). I make sure ZoE has plenty of water throughout the day & I take a collapsible bowl and pour water in it and dip each of her paws in the bowl, many times throughout the day. And I spray her down throughout the day too.

It takes a little pre-planning and work, but it is possible to take your pup with you on a hot day & keep them comfortable.

I also use the freezable "lunchbox" type gel packs to put under a thin blanket. carrying extras in a small cooler. My girls go NUTS when they see me reach into the cooler for a fresh gel pack
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!