View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #192
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Kathy, you brought up some excellent points, as many have said before, any breeder can produce a puppy with problems, it's what they do after that that tells the difference. I may be wrong, but didn't Teddy's breeder continue to use the sire that produced Teddy, even stud him out?

Unfortunately, there is not list that is guaranteed to be safe, you have to do your homework, and be patient.
Nancy,
Teddy's breeder who knew Teddy had epilepsy and intention tremors bred his littermate. The sire was from another area breeder who also knew about teddy's epilepsy and intention tremors. I am not a breeder so I can't say what's right or wrong with what she did, but I know that some breeders have told me they would never have risked breeding a litter mate of an epileptic dog! Turns out one of the pups from that mating has some issues as well. I hope the breeder is not continuing to breed the littermate now because I did tell her about the leggs-calves-perthes disease. It's upsetting still that she really does not care about Teddy, but we have moved on. I will say that Teddy is a beautiful and sweet dog despite his problems.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!