View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiNumber_H View Post
Nature's Miracle has become our best friend, purchasing by the gallon these days, I have even gone as far a creating a mild wash for his private part after he does his business, once I knew the pacing led to the accidents, I knew all else was just a symptom. He knows not to go in there, he just can't help it once he gets going.

I suppose I will begin to treat Bubba like a rescue, more so than I already do. I have phoned a couple of behaviorists... Scary, one said an "e" collar could resolve this within a week I said I would sooner put it on myself, that gentleman got a bit huffy " Mam, you are the leader, it is an animal!" No thank you goodbye. Have a few more to call.

I will read up on puppy mill rescues, thanks.
Unfortunately, anyone can call themselves an animal trainer or animal behaviorist, no license is needed. A vet may be able to help you find a reliable one. I’m glad you aren’t just going with anyone. While I believe that most dogs (and children) are happiest when they understand that someone else is in charge, I think there is a way to do this with kindness and confidence, instead of aggression. Anyone using an e-colar wants to take too many shortcuts and it may result in even more problems long term. Good for you for saying, "No thanks!"

By the way, since you are an avid walker/runner, do you take Bubba on walks? I do think this can help build their confidence and make them feel more like they belong to the pack.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 06-29-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!