Thread: curious
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

I hate to say this, and I know you won't want to hear it, but you must do what is best for the pup. Is there anyone that can lend you the money? If you can't get proper treatment for this dog, surrendering it to a Yorkie rescue would be what needs to be done to ensure that this pup has a fighting chance. That's why you need a firm diagnosis. If it's the type that is treatable by diet and meds and not surgery, you'd be okay. If the shunt is the type that needs to be operated on, diet and meds might buy a little time, but without surgery this baby is in trouble. I'm so sorry I am in the same boat as you, if one of mine got seriously ill, and needed surgery that I couldn't manage financially, I would have to part with them and surrender to rescue. When we got our dogs, we were pretty well off financially, but the economy has really hurt us. I would have to do the right thing for my baby, as heartbreaking as it would be for us.

Please try to get a definitive diagnosis. Call UT and just ask what it would cost for the tests there, it may be even less than your local vet.

Thinking of you and your baby
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!