View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
That's exactly why breeders shouldn't use the word "teacup" there's no definition for it. Lots of people think it means small dog and anything less than 20 pounds is a small dog. I think most people just get the words "toy" and "teacup" mixed up. Got to say, it sounds like a wonderful day!
I remember a conversation I was havng with my mentor years ago....I was telling her about someone that called me and was "wanting to buy a teacup did I have any available?". I told her how I went into the "no such thing as a teacup, blah, blah, blah,....and no I did not have any teacups...I breed for the breed standard and I didnt have any teacups,,,and if I did have any tiny Yorkies they only went to experienced owners....on and on and on....My mentor stopped me and asked if I had asked the lady for a weight in pounds, rather than just assuming she meant the same thing I think a "teacup" size is...I think of a teacup size as 2 lbs....I called the lady back and asked her specifically what she wanted the Yorkie to weigh pound wise...."Well, my friend has an adorable teacup and she weighs 10 lbs, so that is what I am looking for!" I wanted to tell her I had a "micro-teacup at 5.5-6 lbs", and she was welcome to see her if she wanted!!!!!!!!~ I think that was the only "micro-teacup" I have ever sold!!!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!