View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have not heard of this brand but I looked at the website at the puppy formula and the first two ingredients are chicken by-product meal and ground yellow corn so I would not feed this to my pup. When corn is one of the primary ingredients on the list, that is an automatic no-go for me. I also like to see real meat (chicken, deboned chicken, etc) or a meal (chicken meal...not the same as chicken-by-product meal) as the top of the list. It's just something that I can glance at to quickly determine whether I will eliminate or do more research on a potential dog food option. I would rather spend more money on a higher quality food that my pup will need less of and not spend money on something that is just going to come out the other end undigested.

Toki started out with Blue Buffalo (which you can get in Petsmart/Petco) on the chicken and oatmeal puppy formula which she did well on. We're currently feeding her Fromm's grain-free Beef Frittata Veg kibble (very affordable! but not available in chain stores) which she loves! I am looking to eventually rotate Fromm's grainfree with Acana and Nature's Variety Instinct. All of these brands have either no grains or good grains (oats, brown rice, millet, etc) and have a good source of meat in them.

What options are available to you in your area? Do you have any local independent pet stores or even a Petsmart/Petco? Would you be willing to order online?

Post pictures of your pup too!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!