View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
And I really question the labeling of vaccines being 1 year or 3 years. Technically there is no difference in the contents, and the amount is enough to vaccinate a 100 lb dog, anyway. So smaller dogs are always being overvaccinated no matter how one looks at it.
AGREE WITH ABOVE!!!
I would just tell my vet I would rather go by the AAHA recommendation for core vaccines, every 3 years....and quite possibly, at the end of 3 years, the AAHA may be recommending 5 years or longer....random studies have shown these vaccnes provide 7years or longer....there have been some studies that have shown they provide protection for "the lifetime of the dog". If you get flack from the vet, which you might because over 50% of their income is based on vaccinations and many are reluctant to let go of annual vaccinations, have them check titers....if the dogs is showing titers are good, then you have just proven your point, and there is no need to revaccinate at that time. And YES!!! they give the SAME vaccine, SAME amount, to a 4# dog that they give that Great Dane out in the waiting room!!!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 06-22-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!