View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
Ok I am going over her paperwork from last years vet visit and she received DA2PP 1 year vaccine. It does not say 3 years. Now I am worried she is going to make me do it.... Her Rabies certificate says 3 years.

I wish I would have caught this sooner..
I might ask them why it says 1 year on your paper work. I would guess they put that there because the label on the bottle says this.Veterinarians use unproven vaccine product label revaccination recommendations to try and
justify over-vaccination with core MLV vaccines. But these revaccination recommendations are arbitrary and have no scientific basis.

In 2003, the AAHA Canine Vaccine Task force compromised on a move from annual revaccination to revaccination every three years with vaccines for parvovirus, distemper virus and adenovirus. In 2006, the AAHA Canine Vaccine Task Force revised its revaccination recommendation to every three years or longer.

In the 2006 AAHA Canine Vaccine Guidelines, Revised, this recommendation changes slightly to “…revaccination is recommended at intervals of every 3 years or longer.”
The recommendations of the more recent 2006 AAHA and WSAVA guidelines do not actually recommend revaccination with MLV core vaccines every three years.

Dr Schultz has studies that demonstrate DOI for 7 years on core vaccines.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!