View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #23
Giorgismom
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Unless we stop giving those puppy mills the money to continue to keep those dogs in such horrid conditions we are not solving anything. Yes, those dogs need help but to continue to support such a horrific business is to continue the suffering. It is the same as if you were to buy slaves to give them freedom. It only allows the slave trade to continue to prosper and get more slaves to sell. You have to put slave master out of business in order to stop the suffering!
What you say is true but you're not addressing the issue. The pup that you're getting at the rescue is probably the same pup from the mill. What is the difference between helping them now or after they've left their first family. By no means am I saying go to the puppy mill and get a dog but at the same time I'm not condemning anyone who does.

I got Giorgio from what I now know as a BYB. I have no regrets and his breeder is still selling dogs. That's her issue. I got my baby and he is a sweetheart. If her puppies were confiscated and sent to a rescue, this community would encourage people to rescue those dogs so that's where I get confused. I don't have the answer on how to stop the mills but I would think spay and neutering is a good place to start.
Giorgismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!