View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #20
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

The fact is that by buying a puppy mill puppy you are enabling the people who run the place to continue to torture dogs and puppies. You are not rescuing a puppy from a puppy mill. You are simply continuing the cycle of suffering. Those dogs live in small dirty cages for the full length of their days. If the puppy mill goes out of business then at least caring people can go in and save the ones that can be saved.

You need to let your mom know the facts about this puppy. You could be putting her in a very difficult situation if the puppy is ill. Many puppy mill puppies do not live more than a few days after purchase while others have diseases that are very costly to treat. There are some that will survive with treatment but that is only a percentage. Most of those do not look much like the dog the buyer thought they were getting for their money.

I'm sure your mom works hard for her money and it sounds like you and she are going through some difficult times. I would hate to have you also face a sick puppy with large vet bills. You could be one of the few lucky ones that get a healthy puppy but the odds are against you. At least inform your mom about what you could be facing. Maybe she could help you find a better choice for your puppy. I'm sure she is a smart woman that can figure it out.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!