View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieSpirit1 View Post
I got my little girl a week ago. We have her babygated in our front entry with her crate. I know this sounds stupid, but I have been sleeping next to her on the other side of the babygate (on carpet) while she is in her crate. If she wakes up in the middle of the night, she sees me there she goes back to sleep. If I hear her rustling and she's looking at me, I know she has to go potty (like this morning at 4:00 am). And there is no way I'm going outside in the dark (no fenced in back yard), lots of racoons and prairie dogs, so I take her to the kitchen where we have an indoor-outdoor rug and she pees and poops on it (I know, not good, but don't know what else to do, she won't go on a pee pad, thinks its to sleep on) Then I play with her for about an hour and she goes back in her crate and goes back to sleep. (she's in there now sleeping, been sleeping for about an hour its 8:00 am now). And I can't get a harness on her yet to walk or teach her to walk. We're putting up an exercise pen outdoors so I'll be able to take her there, but for now no outside in dark for me (or her) in middle of night. I know her schedule by sleeping beside her, she goes down for the night about 7:30, sleeps sometimes all night, but if she doesn't poop or pee before bed she will get up about 3:00 - 4:00 am. I haven't left her in her crate to leave the house yet, I'm scared to, afraid she will tear up her bed and eat it (she chews everything). Should I put her in her crate with no bedding in it? She is just 12 weeks old now and weighs 3.4 lbs when I took her to vet last week for a puppy check.
Oh my goodness, you must be exhausted, all this sleeping on the floor

Wouldn't it be easier all round if you were to take the crate into your bedroom? If you're really worried, you could always elevate it...

As for leaving her when you go out, what we did was to do it gradually - 10 minutes...15 minutes etc and see what happens. Then you can adjust her bedding arrangements! Good luck, Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!