View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbentleysmom View Post
Good to hear they are safe!! My fiance apparently gave him a baby carrot today to play with and chew on... Since i havent found it in my im guessing he ate that too lol... I dont really allow meat except boiled chicken.. But bentley sure looooves a few bites of that, though im sure he would try for the whole chicken if i allowed it.... My soon to be mother in law tried to give him a piece of bacon.... First time i have EVER told her NO... I dont think theyre supposed to have pork are they?????

I give Betty Boop apples, bananas, carrots and frozen green beans that I thaw in a microwave.

In answer to you question about dogs eating pork.......When I first got Boop, I didn't know any better and I gave her some deli ham. She started having bloody diarrhea and vomiting. I immediately took her to the vet. He gave her antibiotics and it cleared it up, but she was one sick little girl. He said to never give pork to a dog. If I remember correcctly, he said it can give them pancreatitis. Bacon is very fatty.

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!