View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadacocochanel View Post
No, Jada will not be a show baby. I just want to grow her coat. I dont think I will wrap her, I will try the wrapping jacket when it gets cooler. She does get her weekly bath and daily brushing. I have just started to use Yorkie Splash and Shine. So far so good. Im looking for a good coat oil though. I use to use pet silk, Im thinking of trying Pure Paws. Thanks for all of the feed back. Her hair is growing nicely. But she has started to scratch. Maybe I will put some socks on her back feet
A little scratching is normal, but if you notice she's scratching several times a day, I'd try to get to the root of the problem. Some hair protects have ingredients than can make the hair look good immediately, but contain a waxy substance that causes a build-up over time and this can irritate skin as well. There are other environmental allergies, such as grass and even food can also cause itching. I would look first to the products I'm using and discontinue them for a couple of weeks and see if the itching gets better. Also, make sure you rinse well after shampooing, any white flakey skin is usually caused by not rinsing enough. I think itching should be taken very seriously.

Join today and remove this ad!