View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Any time any dog, and especially a young puppy, starts to vomit or has diarrhea and continues the same more than 24 hours, they should be seen by a vet.

If the dog/puppy has more than 2-3 episodes of vomiting and/or diarrhea within a few hours, they should be seen right away, don't wait the 24 hours. Also if there's blood and/or mucous visible, go to the vet right away.

When you call the vet, and the receptionist says there are no appointments available, tell them it is an emergency and your pup needs to be seen right away. They should be able to work him in. If they say no, I'd be changing vets.

If they say vomiting/diarrhea is not an emergency, remind them that this is a young puppy and it is an emergency.

Dogs/puppies that just lay around or have increased sleep may have a fever. A temp over 102.5 needs to be monitored, and if it continues to rise, get him to the vet. A temp over 103.5 and rising can lead to the dog/puppy having seizures.
And I would say it would be time to find a new vet. Mikki had a fever of 102.3 when I took her in. When I described her behavior my vet said I can meet you in 20 minutes. And she is 1 1/2 years old!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!