View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeeee View Post
Chewie is about two and a half months, he's going into his third puppy shot on June 12th. Yesterday, he started throwing up bright yellow bile (sometimes foamy, sometimes not). He was fine in the morning, pooping solid, eating being playful. I took him outside around 11 and I'm assuming he ate something in the backyard eg. grass, bugs. Ever since then he has been throwing up, going back to sleep and hasn't been as playful. Midnight, he woke up and ate a lot and didn't throw up. Then all of a sudden, he started throwing up again and began that process all over again (throw up, sleep ..etc). Is this normal? Should we let it pass through? Should we go see the Vet? What can we do for him, PLEASE HELP!
Any time any dog, and especially a young puppy, starts to vomit or has diarrhea and continues the same more than 24 hours, they should be seen by a vet.

If the dog/puppy has more than 2-3 episodes of vomiting and/or diarrhea within a few hours, they should be seen right away, don't wait the 24 hours. Also if there's blood and/or mucous visible, go to the vet right away.

When you call the vet, and the receptionist says there are no appointments available, tell them it is an emergency and your pup needs to be seen right away. They should be able to work him in. If they say no, I'd be changing vets.

If they say vomiting/diarrhea is not an emergency, remind them that this is a young puppy and it is an emergency.

Dogs/puppies that just lay around or have increased sleep may have a fever. A temp over 102.5 needs to be monitored, and if it continues to rise, get him to the vet. A temp over 103.5 and rising can lead to the dog/puppy having seizures.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!