View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Default We went for a walk! A very short walk!

One day I took Peek a Boo and my GSD (now departed) for a walk. I heard barking when we started past the neighbor's houseand looked over to the neibor's house, when I saw their Pitbull push out the upstairs screen and jump out the window, touch off on the little roof overtop their front door and land in a dead run on the sidewalk, running straight at us.

My dogs didn't see her coming, Thank God I did... OMG what to do... what to do??? OMG! I saw a bush 2 feet away....I ushered them both behind a large bush blocking them from her and their sight of her, trying to stay calm and not alert them to the panic racing through my entire body. I looked back to see where the dog was... she had made it half way to us.... still flat out running straight towards us....

With my heart and stomach in my throat, I stepped out to the ends of their leads and told them 'Stay' (like they were going to be suddenly obedience trained, lol), and waited, thinking what could I do? What could I do to stop this dog? Mental images of a horrible dog fight raced through my brain...

I had one chance to stop her and I swore she'd have to get through me to get to my babies! I guess I could try a command... but what is the best word to use??? Stop, Heal, Go Home, No, no... trying to recall hearing any commands my neighbors had used with her while out in the yard...my mind was racing and I couldn't focus...Is this going to work? I looked back one last time at my two... sitting there with their innocent faces, so unaware of the oncoming danger... then looked back at the PitBull, 12, 10, 8 feet away and closing fast. I planted my feet for the impact and waited till the Pitty was about 4 feet away, and I prayed "Please God make this work!" and then I screamed 'STOP!!! in the deepest, loudest, voice I could muster.

The Pitty stopped dead in her tracks, looked at me like 'What???', then promptly turned around and jogged back up the front yard and sat down on the porch. I quickly got my wits about me and got my two outta there. I was shaking so bad I could barely walk, my knees were like rubber and couldn't barely talk for 3 days.

Funny though, I thought we were safe because she was upstairs...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!