View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #69
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Good idea. Just cover the board in fabric that matches or goes with decor & maybe kind of blends in. I wondered if the built-in rails would be high enough also. I'm going to have to look into getting ramps as there is probably less chance of missing a step or stumbling when coming off one step to another in that small jump-step they do. I could even use lightweight balsa wood covered in fabric since all I need is the deterrent & not strength.
This isn't the ramp I have but it's very similar: Easy Slope Indoor Pet Ramp - Dog Ramps and Pet Steps at - Pet Classics™

I wanted a gentler slope yet one high enough that they wouldn't have far to step off the mattress. I have a higher bed, so the top of the ramp is slightly lower than the top of the mattress. And I really like the platform top for them to balance on if they need to. It was perfect for my Alexander who had terrible arthritis and poor vision, and it's continued to work wonderfully for my other babies ever since.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!