View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #14
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navillusc View Post
I didn't see your post until now...after you posted in the General forum. I am sorry your Brandi is going through this...and especially since the vet has not been able to find anything.

I have read through your thread now, but I do not see any mention of the vet checking for stones...bloodwork doesn't always show them unless urine test positive for blood, etc. DH's kidney stones were discovered by other means in the ER...not from bloodwork...but, from the description of her discomfort it sounds like how DH was acting when he was having kidney stones. He was in no discomfort UNTIL the stones moved and blocked fluid flow...then he was very uncomfortable, wriggling and just couldn't keep still. Depending on how thoroughly blocked the passages were, he would be up and about...just uncomfortable, or if really plugged up by a larger stone, he'd be in bed with pain killers.

I see that she has recurrent UTI's. I am not certain about kidney stones in dogs, I know they get them but not sure of what symptoms they have, but I know of other dogs that have recently had bladder stones removed...all of whom had recurrent UTI's but some of them had no symptoms and the stones were discovered by other means.

Has the vet check her for stones? If you have not heard of the benefits of coconut oil, you might want to check it out if she has stones. Coconut oil is very nutritious and dogs love it. You'd want the organic virgin (not from COPRA) coconut oil, though.

I hope they are able to determine the cause of her discomfort. {{Hugs}}
That is exactly what I was thinking but I can't imagine a vet not being able to think of it so I just don't know. Hopefully this next visit will turn up something that can be dealt with. Good luck!

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!