View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Chrisann
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hi linda..........!!!!!!!!!! from another newbie!!!!!!!

linda Hi. ..I have just joined too...It sounds like you are getting very excited by the prospect of the new arrival..!!! Having a new puppy is wonderful. We have gone through it 5 times...and it is always new every time..each pup is so different.

As for the pee pads. well I haven't used them...not sure if they were around when we last had a pup..(10 years ago now)...but as with everything house training is all about time and sheer dedication..as you know.

When we had our pups..from the start I virtually spent most of the first few days doing practically nothing but watching the pup..feeding him and walking around our patio area waiting for him to do the 'duties'. It seemed like I did nothing else for ages..bit it was worth it..they all soon learnt.With night time all our pups were caged in a special area in the kitchenette..with paper down for the night time accidents...and this caged area became somewhere to place the pup at regular intervals during the day. saying to him..''mummy is now doing some household chores..so it is time for you to stay in your pen.''As a result they soon leant that certain times of the day they were to be quiet and other times we used to go walkies and play. This method has never failed me at all. There will always be the 'accident' on the floor..or worse the carpet..but do try not to scald the pup too much...just take it outside speak sternly and firmly ...and if necessary close the door on the pup for a few minutes just to let it know you dissapprove.

I do hope everything goes well for you...Let us all know..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!