Thread: YT Brides to Be
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #235
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxiesmama View Post
Oh, you are so lucky you don't have to do the marriage prep stuff! We had to spend a Saturday and a Sunday (6 hours each!) at marriage prep. It was sort of annoying since I am a Catholic School teacher, and probably could have taught the course myself. DH is Jewish, so it was 12 wasted hours of his life.

We finally got our pictures back from David's Bridal. I'm not overly thrilled, to be honest. I actually cried all night after I first saw them. They just didn't come out like I had hoped they would. The photos seem so stiff and posed. No cute shots of us giggling together, sharing a secret smile, or him with his arms around me. The church shots are particularly bad, because they are mostly of our backs (Monsignor wouldn't let the photographer too close to the altar). To me the pictures don't reflect the absolutely perfect wedding day that we had.

I just wish I had done better research on a photographer, instead of going with DB because it was cheap and easy. It's a mistake I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

Now we have the fun task of trying to pick pictures for our thank you cards. Ugh.
I feel the same way about our photography! I was sooo bummed when I saw the pics. 1,000 just OK pics. There are maybe 5 awesome ones. I thought our photographer could have been more creative. We have WAY too many posed shots and not enough fun ones. I see other wedding this place shot and the pics are amazing, fun, unique... but ours are just... I dunno.. blah I guess. I wish we didn't have so many posed pics. I don't need 18 pics of our parents.
What I found really funny was, my husband asked him for the traditional hands with rings pic and he said he was surprised, he didn't think we wanted traditional pics like that. Well... uuummm... why the 800 posed family pics then?

I haven't told my husband how disappointed I am with the wedding pics, but I really am. I thought he could have done more fun & creative and DEFINITELY more shots of just my husband & I. There are barely ANY of just us 2.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!